The Movers Group based out of Florida, we moved from Chicago and they quoted us one price.. held our stuff hostage until we agreed to wire them a crazy amount of money we never agreed to. Then we finally had to pick up our stuff they would not longer deliver it to texas.. they left our belongings in an open storage unit..

All our expensive belongings were gone, large screen TV, BBQ pit, Bed etc. Not to mention all our furniture had been damaged and ruined. Please beware, dont use these people.

The Movers Group

2533 South Park Lane

Hallandale, Florida, FL, 33009 Phone: 954-374-6125

Toll Free: 866-573-9031 Available Licenses

IM 1673

Us Dot # 1816661

ICC MC # 659597

Had an Experience with The Movers group?

Comments

I am disabled and I called Rachel from the movers group on Sep.13th.

and she immediately said "oh, you're disabled" well I'll give you a $100.00 discount.Sucker!!!

They called me on friday 10/14/11 and said they would be a little late, then they called me again and said he"freddy, would be a little late. .They got to the house and he brought in a comtract for 20 1.5 cubic ft boxes when I told "rachel" i had 20 lg. boxes which by uhaul standards is 6.0 cubic ft. i am disabled and they have my medical bed and 2 large screen tv's don't know whether i will ever see any of my furniture but they called me and told me that my king size bedroom set and my couch and media center and kitchen table and boxes all come to 6300 lbs.

and my quote went from 2005, to 4900.

I get a disability check every month and I don't think I'm ever gonna get my stuff.I am promised it is going out today but from what I have just read I have no feeling but to believe I'm in the same boat!!!

-Create a "file" to keep track of estimates, receipts and other important documents.

-Budget for expenses and start collecting estimates - including a moving quote.

-Draw out a floor plan of your new home and start deciding which function each room will serve.

-Make a list of things that are valuable or difficult to replace. Plan on shipping these by certified mail or carrying them with you.

-Work your way through each room taking inventory and deciding what to donate or throw away.

-Begin using things that can't be moved, such as frozen foods, bleach and aerosol cleaners.

-Begin collecting boxes and packing supplies: Razor knife, scissors , Note pad, Water-resistant marker, Boxes of all sizes, Packing tape, wrap, peanuts.

-Begin packing items you don't use often. Also start separating and disposing of the items you've designated for a yard sale, donation or the junk yard.

-Plan for short-term or long-term storage at destination if needed.

-Reservations should be made at least one business day prior to your date. If you are loading into a trailer, ramps are available at most locations. Purchase furniture pads, mattress protectors, dish protectors, two wheelers and more.

-Schedule disconnection of all utility services at your old home, and connection of them at your new one. Be sure to disconnect the day after you leave.

-Decide if you will keep your plants or give them away. Dispose of...

-If you going into or out of an apartment, arrange to use the elevator on your move day.

-Confirm travel arrangements for pets and family. Confirm parking and obtain parking permits if needed.

-Finish packing and prepare an "essentials" box. Designate several boxes and items as "last load" items. Pack your suitcases and valuables separately. Drain water hoses and waterbed.

-Empty, defrost and clean your refrigerator at least 24 hours before the day. Prepare all appliances for loading.

-Load your goods in a pre-designated order, saving "last load" items for the rear of your shipment.

-Check every room, closet and cabinet one last time before deciding everything is loaded.

-Leave a note with your new address in the house so that future residents can forward any stray mail.

-Keep a friend or family member informed of your plans and "whereabouts" in case of an emergency or unforeseen event.

If you "got the best service ever", then you probably did not move with them at all and probably work for them...making you a liar like the rest of that MOB! WORST EXPIERIENCE EVERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! DONT USE!!!!!!!!!!

R1973

Moving sucks. So does managing lazy movers who dilly dally on the clock and bang your grandmother's precious hand crafted chair against the wall.

The Movers Group is like a whole different breed of movers. They're honest, efficient, and organized. As a result, the moving is attainable, affordable, and less stressful. I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

We had the pleasure of working with Ian. He managed the team of two movers and he took time off the clock when there was a hold up or a lunch break. He was up front about cost and logistics, and he stayed positive and focused over the course of 8 hours. His team followed suit.

Try Movers Group. They rock pretty hard core.

HORRIBLE COMPANY x 1000000.I was scheduled to move Sunday with a 9 AM arrival time by the company.

Not only did they not show up, they didn't answer thier phones and no one reached out to me. FINALLY after 5 hours they called and said "they had a flat". REALLY and none of you has a cell phone? They r/s my move to yesterday 7 AM arrival.

They ONCE AGAIN didn't arrive on time. No one answered the phone. I rented a Uhaul at 9AM and moved EVERYTHING except 8 large pieces of furniture. They FINALLY show up at 11:30 AM.

NO explanation or apology. They move the 8 items, REFUSE to give me a discount and insistetd on the 4 Hour Minimum for 1.5 hours of work after I did all myself !!! I finally got a $75.00 (wooopie) discount. I didn't think I should have to pay at all.

They already had a deposit. They completely didn't care at all. I will NEVER use this company again.

This company claims, reliability, dependability, on time, friendly service, it was ANYTHING but that.

HORRIBLE.

#201844

I sent this letter to them shortly after my move and as I expected...heard nothing back...NICE.

To Whom it may concern,

I would be remiss if I did not express my extreme dissatisfaction with your company. But, you probably don’t care…which is a shame.

I contacted your company in March or April with plans to relocate somewhere in the north around Mid Summer. Initially, I spoke with a pleasant sales person who was very helpful and gave me what I believed a very reasonable quote at around $2,300. I had a budget of around $3,000 so I thought that even if my estimate was a little off, I would have the necessary wiggle room. You fooled me…

We packed our house thoroughly into one room. All boxes were packed and taped and all furniture was disassembled. This should have been a low cost no-brainer for you, but once my belongings were loaded on the truck (and then hostage) my price per cubic foot went from $2.90 to $3.90 with nearly $600.00 additional “packing material” costs (which I requested a list of numerous times and never received). I was promised 2 wardrobe boxes or 5 ‘regular’ boxes for free. And upon arrival, I’m not sure what the $600 went towards, “blanket wrapping of wooden, metal and plastic furniture” did not apply, as my bed and other collectable wood furniture was simply wrapped in shrink wrap material. Perhaps that explains why he bed and antique desk and chair arrived broken.

I have moved...

What is most disconcerting is that upon filling out my claim form as instructed, I found that I’m entitled to $67.00 for a broken bed and antique desk - both which have significantly more sentimental value, let alone real value…because of your fine print. What a shame and what a scam!

At the very least a follow up phone call expressing a little remorse would have been nice…but that didn’t happen either.

Should I not hear back from you in a timely manner about how you intend to fix this problem - which I’m guessing I won’t, I will publish my complaints with details and photos on your Site and with the BBB, Angie’s List, FTC and online with the various social media. I will also be contacting my attorney.

Truly saddened by this…

Peter

At least they showed up. I'd have given them some of my stuff.

I bought a Groupon for two hours of moving, paid a 20-percent deposit for the full move, which should have covered about four hours of moving. Then ... No Show!!

Contract was for 8AM. At 11AM when they didn't answer phones (it was a holiday but, still, should have forwarded them) rented a U-Haul and hired a couple guys. Move took all day and was miserable.

They did refund the deposit, offered to refund the coupon (no need; Groupon guarantees and will repay), and add a little extra for the hassle (something like $75 -- nowhere near covering the stress they caused).

There are lots of positive reviews, and they seem nice, and didn't try to mess around with a refund (though that'd probably be pointless with a credit-card and Groupon) but this company really sent me for a chaotic stress mess.

The Company wants to apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through.The Movers Group doesn't just make up an amount of money to charge you, what happens is the client has more household goods than told to the representative.

Upon arriving at their homes inventory is redone and signed on the bill of lading by the consumer before the truck is ever loaded, due to this the price changes. Without knowing your name or job number to contact you directly, it is difficult to know all the details of your move, but the movers group delivers every client’s belongings once we receive 70% of total charges, which is stated in our bill of lading. Regarding any and all the damages, The Movers Group has a complete claims department which can be reached at (866)573-0558 pacific time.

Monday thru Fridays from 9am to 4pm.Once again, we do apologize for any inconvenience.

#119920

i moved with the movers group and i can tell that i got the best service ever!!!